2021 Reaffirmation of Accreditation
- Reaffirmation of accreditation occurs every 10 years, with a fifth year interim report due in-between.
- McDowell Technical Community College is now preparing for reaffirmation in 2021 to demonstrate compliance with the SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation, and the preparation of a Quality Enhancement Plan that addresses a focused topic or issue related to enhancing student learning.
- Demonstration of compliance with the SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation
- Preparation of a Quality Enhancement Plan that addresses a focused topic or issue related to student learning or success
In January 2018, McDowell Technical Community College established a committee structure to oversee the college’s preparations for reaffirmation of accreditation.
Reaffirmation Leadership Team:
The Reaffirmation Leadership Team (also know as the President's Council) oversees the 2021 reaffirmation process by providing leadership and resources to the committees preparing the reaffirmation documents and by ensuring the college is in compliance with SACSCOC standards. The Leadership Team will give final approval of two key documents to SACSCOC:
- the Compliance Certification
- the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
Reaffirmation Year: 2021
|Orientation of Leadership Teams||SACSCOC Annual Meeting December 8-11, 2018|
|Compliance Certification Due||March 2, 2020|
|Off-Site Peer Review Conducted||April 21-24, 2020|
|Quality Enhancement Plan Due (and optional Focused Report)||August 10, 2020|
|On-Site Peer Review Conducted||September 22-24, 2020|
|Review by the SACSCOC Board of Trustees||June 2021|
For general questions about accreditation and reaffirmation, please contact the Director of Institutional Effectiveness, at email@example.com.
Mr. Harmon serves as the accreditation liaison for the college and is responsible for assuring that compliance with accreditation requirements is incorporated into planning and evaluation processes of the institution, notifying SACSCOC in advance of substantive changes, serving as the contact person for SACSCOC, and maintaining all records related to the institution’s accreditation.