Open LMS Online Orientation
Open LMS Mandatory orientation provides basic information for online learners. Online students are expected to be familiar with Open LMS and GMail in order to fully participate in the class. The orientation booklet will give steps to view announcements, course information, engage in discussions, gradebook and submit assignments. Please see below for more information.
If you are an online learning student at MTCC, please:
- CANCELED due to COVID-19 - Attend a seated Campus Orientation in Bldg 19 Room 111 (Summer Semester). It is BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- For the Summer 2020 semester there are three different times:
- May 14, 2020, at 9:00 am
- May 14, 2020, at 3:30 pm
- May 18, 2020, at 5:30 pm
- Complete the online orientation by logging into your Open LMS account and completing the Open LMS Student Orientation course. You may click the Distance Learning Orientation Packet below to help reinforce the steps/instructions on how to access and maneuver in McDowell Tech’s Open LMS and Gmail.
User ID: (Open LMS / GMail / WebAdvisor) - This info is also sent in your acceptance letter.
First letter of your first name
First letter of your middle name
Last two digits of your Student ID
Gmail & WebAdvisor: your student ID with an additional preceeding 0, this has to be 8 digits long
Open LMS: you will receive an email in your MTCC Gmail account with your login ID and temporary password.
Jane Mary Donavan | Student ID 123456
User ID: jmdonavan56
You are a Distance Learning Student if taking any of the following:
- Internet Course: designated with section code numbers 50-56, these classes must complete the 10% Attendance Quiz and may be referred to as “Full Online” courses
- Hybrid Course: any section code numbers 20-29 these courses meet face to face and have an online component. The online directions will be covered in the seated portion of your class by your instructor.
NOTE: In the event that the college web site is down, you can type the following URL into the address bar located at the top of your browser window to access the Open LMS server: mcdowelltech.mrooms.net You should bookmark this site in your browser.
Last day of Summer Add/Drop is May 20, 2020
Open LMS Spring 2020 Online Courses & Syllabi information will be accessible to students starting on the first official day of classes:
- May 18, 2020 after 8:00am
If you log in to Open LMS and your courses are not listed please verify your enrollment at: