Open LMS Online Orientation
If you are an online learning student at MTCC, please:
- Attend a seated Campus Orientation in Bldg 19 Room 113. It is BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- For the Summer 2021 semester, there are two different times:
- May 17, 2021, at 9:00 am Face-to-Face
- May 19, 2021, at 3:30 pm Face-to-Face
- Complete the online orientation by logging into your Open LMS account and completing the Open LMS Student Orientation course. You may also click the Distance Learning Orientation Packet Student below to help reinforce the steps/instructions on how to access and maneuver in McDowell Tech’s Open LMS and Gmail. Once you are finished reading over it, you must complete the Orientation form to certify that you read and understand the information in the packet. If you do not do this, you will be expected to complete the course in Open LMS or attend face-to-face orientation in the future.
User ID: (Open LMS / GMail / WebAdvisor) - This info is also sent in your acceptance letter.
- First letter of your first name
- First letter of your middle name
- Last Name
- Last two digits of your Student ID
Gmail & WebAdvisor: your student ID with an additional preceding 0, this has to be 8 digits long
Open LMS: you will receive an email in your MTCC Gmail account with your login ID and temporary password. If you can't find the email or if you forgot your password, please choose the forgot password option on the login screen. You will then enter your user ID and hit Search. It will send an email to your MTCC Gmail account for you to reset your password.
Jane Mary Donavan | Student ID 123456
User ID: jmdonavan56
You are a Distance Learning Student if taking any of the following:
- Internet Course: designated with section code numbers 50-56, these classes must complete the 10% Attendance Quiz and may be referred to as “Full Online” courses
- Hybrid Course: any section code numbers 20-29 these courses meet face to face and have an online component. The online directions will be covered in the seated portion of your class by your instructor.
NOTE: In the event that the college web site is down, you can type the following URL into the address bar located at the top of your browser window to access the Open LMS server: mcdowelltech.mrooms.net You should bookmark this site in your browser.
Open LMS Summer 2021 Online Courses & Syllabi information will be accessible to students starting on the
first official day of classes:
- May 19, 2021 after 8:00am
- May 21, 2021 is the last day of Drop/Add
If you log in to Open LMS and your courses are not listed please verify your enrollment at WebAdvisor.
- Call this toll free number: 1-866-834-8920