Blackboard Online Orientation
Blackboard (Bb) Mandatory orientation provides basic information for NEW online learners. Online students are expected to be familiar with Blackboard and GMail in order to fully participate in the class. The orientation booklet will give steps to, view announcements, course information, engage in discussions, grade center and submit assignments. This is also helpful for returning learners as a refresher. Please see below for more information.
If you are a first time online learning student at MTCC, please:
- Attend a seated Campus Orientation “First Day of Class for each semester”
- 3:00 OR 5:30
- Bldg 19 Room 113
- Complete the online orientation by Clicking the Orientation Booklet below, read and understand the steps/instructions on how to access and maneuver in McDowell Tech’s Bb and Gmail.
Log-in User ID (Bb / GMail / WebAdvisor ) - This information is sent with your acceptance letter.
First letter of your first name
First letter of your middle name
Last two digits of your Student ID
Is your student ID adding preceding 00, this has to be 8 digits long
Jane Mary Donavan | Student ID 123456
User ID: jmdonavan56
You are a Distance Learning Student if taking any of the following:
- Internet Course: designated with section code numbers 50-56, these classes must complete the 10% Attendance Quiz and may be referred to as “Full Online” courses
- Hybrid Course: any section code numbers 20-29 these courses meet face to face and have an online component. The online directions will be covered in the seated portion of your class by your instructor.
NOTE: In the event that the college web site is down, you can type the following URL into the address bar located at the top of your browser window to access the Blackboard server: https://mcdowelltech.blackboard.com/ You should bookmark this site in your browser.
Last day of Spring Add/Drop is January 9, 2019
Blackboard Spring 2019 Online Courses & Syllabi information will be accessible to students starting on the first official day of classes:
- January 7, 2019 after 8:00am
If you log in to Bb and your courses are not listed please verify your enrollment at: