Mars Hill University: Mountain Lion-McDowell Promise
Students who wish to participate in the MLMP program must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a currently enrolled student at McDowell Tech Community College in a degree-seeking capacity;
- Submit MHU application for admission and disciplinary forms by MHU deadlines;
- Submit application fee or waiver and fulfill all commitment actions steps;
- Be in good academic standing at McDowell Tech and other institutions attended;
- Demonstrate good citizenship and conduct;
- Earn and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at McDowell Tech Community College;
- Earn an Associate’s degree from McDowell Tech in a college transfer program or in an applied program for which an articulation agreement exists;
- Enroll at MHU within one academic year (within the next two regular terms (fall/spring semesters) of completion of the Associate’s degree.
The Mountain Lion-McDowell Promise requires completion of the Associate’s degree from McDowell Tech Community College for guaranteed admission. In cases where MLMP participants matriculate prior to completing the Associate’s degree, a Reverse Transfer Process provides the opportunity for students to complete their Associate’s degree after transferring to MHU.
Please contact Julie Padgett, Director of Enrollment Management for more information: