Business Office and Human Resource Manager
MTCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
McDowell Technical Community College recruits employees for all job classes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
McDowell Technical Community College takes affirmative action to employee, and advance in employment, applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
MTCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities.
Current Employment Opportunities:
The following position is available at McDowell Technical Community College.
Title III Activity Director & Lead Success Coach (FT- Grant Funded).
MTCC is located in Marion, N.C., a small, pleasant town at the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains with the tagline, "Where Main Street Meets the Mountains." Just off Interstate 40, Marion is located approximately 35 miles east of Asheville in McDowell County.
Our Vision at MTCC is to learn and grow while focusing on individuals, our community, and our institution. In our recently-launched Vision 2025 Plan, we established a new set of College Value statements that guide our employees’ work:
- We are Caring and Supportive of all.
- We are Reliable and Available when needed.
- We are Sincere in our Commitment.
- We are Amazing.
In support of our college Mission, this Title III grant will directly contribute to MTCC’s four institutional goals:
- Goal 1: Access
- Goal 2: Retention and Progression
- Goal 3: Quality
- Goal 4: Success
For a full description of our Title III project, review the grant abstract.
This position has a dual role as director of the Title III Activities, as well as leading efforts in the development and implementation of the new Success Coach program on campus. This position is responsible for carrying out the approved program plan and achieving the formulated objectives in their respective activities.
The job description includes tracking and reporting progress on Title III objectives, leading the Success Coaching program, acting as a liaison between students and faculty, and tracking program success.
This position will also potentially play a key role in complementary, to-be-announced, advising demonstration project sponsored by a national organization that focuses on implementation of advising technology tools with the goal of supporting students throughout their journeys from prospective students to graduation or transfer (and beyond).
- Master’s degree in counseling, human services, or related field
- 3-5 years of administrative experience in higher education, including preferred supervision of staff
- Experience in budgeting for grant programs or academic units
- Experience using performance indicators for measuring project success
- Combination of relevant experience, education, knowledge, and skills to justify full qualifications will also be considered by the MTCC Administration.
- Knowledge or experience with Appreciative Advising or other academic advising and college student development theory
- Knowledge or experience with Aviso Retention or other early alert/advising softwares
- Knowledge or experience with work-based learning experiences
- Experience developing and leading professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
- Assist the Dean of Student Success to ensure operations of Title III programs are consistent with the goals of the overall institutional strategic plan.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of the Title III project
- Lead efforts to proactively reach out to students multiple times during each semester
- Lead the success coach team
- Serve as the primary relationship manager between students and the institution
- Assist Project Director with managing the budget, expenditures, and oversee appropriate use of funds
- Monitor activity budgets and request use of funds in a timely manner to ensure that all funds are used within the grant period; manages administrative problems and/or budget changes occurring during the awarded granting period.
- Work with the Project Director to coordinate activities to maximize the utilization of faculty, staff, and departments to implement project components
- Assist with internal reports, annual performance, and financial reports
- Coordinate continuous formative evaluation of all Title III activities
- Ensure applicable district, state, and federal requirements are followed
- Collaborate with Project Director to institutionalize activities post-grant
- Serves as a liaison between Project Director and Title III Task Force and Department of Education Title III grant staff.
- Represent the Title III project to the MTCC community and others
- Any other duties as assigned by the Project Director
Hire date: Immediate.
Deadline for applications: Open until filled.
Salary is based upon the institutional salary plan.
Submit MTCC application and resume to: Breanna Wilson, MTCC, 54 College Drive, Marion, NC 28752.
Offers of employment are contingent upon receipt of official transcripts.
Application available at the top of this page. Questions? Breanna: email@example.com Phone: 828-652-0618. Fax: 828-652-1603. EO/AA.
The following position is available at McDowell Technical Community College:
Cosmetology Adjunct Instructor (PT-temporary). May include day and/or evening hours.
Required: NC Cosmetology licenses and NC Cosmetology Teacher Licenses.
Preferred: Associate’s degree in Cosmetology; 2 years of teaching experience; experience practicing in a NC Board-Inspected Salon; Milady Training; and bilingual speaking ability.
See job description for additional duties and other requirements.
Hire date: ASAP. Deadline for applications: Open until filled.
Salary is based upon the institutional salary plan.
Submit MTCC application and resume to: Breanna Wilson, MTCC, 54 College Drive, Marion, NC 28752. Offers of employment are contingent upon receipt of official transcripts.