Click & Learn More
Do I need to take a placement test?
The placement test or sections of the placement test may be waived if you:
• Submit official ASSET or COMPASS scores taken at another institution within the last 3 years.
• Submit an official transcript showing completion of college level English or Math with a grade of 'C' or better within the last five years from an accredited college or university.
• Submit official proof of SAT Verbal score of 500 or above, or an ACT score of 20 or above, to waive Reading and Writing portions of the placement test. Scores must be less than three years old.
• Submit official proof of SAT Math score of 520 or above, or ACT score of 10 or above (Algebra/Coordinate Geometry), to waive the math portions of the placement test. Scores must be less than three years old.
• Register as a Special Credit Student (not seeking a degree, diploma or certificate) and register for classes other than Math or English or ones that do not require Math or English as prerequisites.
|To be exempt||Required SAT score||Required ACT score|
|Reading||500+ Critical Reading||20+ Reading|
|Writing||500+ Writing||20+ English|
|Math/Algebra||520+ Math||10+ Algebra & Coordinate Geometry|
** Exemptions from placement testing are not made for applicants seeking admission to the Associate Degree Nursing or Practical Nursing Programs. **
Who do I call to schedule a placement test?
To schedule a placement test, please visit or call the Student Enrichment Center at 659-0418 or 652-0683.
What do I need to bring with me to take the test?
Photo identification is required for you to take the test. Examples of acceptable forms of identification include driver's license, driver's permit, state identification card, military identification or school identification.
What can I do to prepare for the placement test?
Sample questions and study guides are available online by visiting www.act.org/compass, click on For Students and then click on Sample Questions. Click here for Accuplacer sample Math & English questions. If you do not have access to the internet, visit the Student Enrichment Center and pick up printed study guides.
Where is the Student Enrichment Center?
The Student Enrichment Center is located in Building 11 (Administration Building) in the rear upper level of the library.
I need special testing accommodations due to a documented disability, how do I receive special accomodations for the placement test?
Contact Donna Short at 652-0631 before scheduling your placement test.