STUDENTS' RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
What are my responsibilities as a student receiving financial aid?
- Students are responsible for notifying the Financial Aid Office of all changes: new name, address, change of major, change of marital status, withdrawal or addition of classes during the semester
- Students are required to report financial assistance from sources outside MTCC to prevent an overaward of Federal and State financial aid funds
- To complete all financial aid applications and requested documentation to the best of your knowledge
- To understand and accept all signed documentation; keep copies of all financial aid correspondence that you sign
- Students should be aware of the MTCC withdrawal and refund policy
What are my rights as a student receiving financial aid?
Students have the right...
- To know what types of financial assistance are available at MTCC, including federal, state and local funds (see MTCC Catalog, Financial Aid Section for detailed list)
- To apply for financial aid at any time and to request assistance if necessary
- To know withdrawal and refund policies at MTCC
- To understand how the cost of attendance budget is determined for financial aid purposes
- To understand how financial aid is calculated and what elements (income, assets, etc) are used to determine the student’s expected family contribution (EFC)
- To know the amounts of financial aid awarded to them and what determines those amounts
- To know how satisfactory academic progress is determined by the MTCC Financial Aid Office and what happens if those standards are not met