Click & Learn More
As a member of the North Carolina Community College System, McDowell Technical Community College operates under an "open door" admissions policy. Open door admissions means, “Any person who is a high school graduate or at least 18 years old has the opportunity to pursue the various educational opportunities that are offered by institutions in the system.” Special admission requirements, such as educational qualifications, physical abilities, assessment scores and State Board policy restrictions, are attached to certain curriculums. Applicants scoring below specified minimums on entrance exams will be counseled and required to enroll in classes designed to eliminate their admission deficiencies.
Application Process Steps
- Our Application for Admissions is in a PDF format.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to download our Application. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat, you can click the button below to download it to your
- After you have downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, click the application for admission link below.
Application for Admission
( Some documents require PDF Reader to open them. Click on image below to download PDF Reader Free! )
- Fill out MTCC Application and return to the Director of Admissions. (Mail, Fax, and Email Information is below.)
- Request official High School Transcripts or GED Scores from your past educational institutions.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Schedule appointment with The Student Enrichment Center for Placement Testing.
- Bring test scores to the Director of Admissions to be advised and register for classes.
Contact person: TBA
You can mail, fax, or email your application to:
McDowell Technical Community College
54 College Drive
Marion, NC 28752
Attn: Director of Admissions
Student Enrichment Center